EV COMBINED CHARGING UNIT (CCU)
Combining the functions of an OBC (on-board charger) and a DC-DC converter into a single module simplifies the EV drive system.
6.6kw On Board Charger + 2.5kw DC-DC. 350Vdc Nominal Output.
The AEM EV Combined Charging Unit (CCU) combines both an On-Board Charger (OBC) and a DC-DC Converter (DCDC). The OBC charges the HV Battery Pack by taking 120v or 240v AC energy from the grid, converting it to high voltage DC and charging the high voltage battery in the vehicle. The DC-DC converter takes the high voltage from the battery pack and converts it to low voltage to maintain the charge in the vehicles 12V battery. The DC-DC converter performs the duties that the alternator does in an ICE vehicle. The CCU is fully controlled by the VCU via the CAN bus and the OBC and DC-DC report voltage, current and status information back to the VCU. Combining the functions of an OBC and a DC-DC converter into a single module simplifies the EV drive system. The AEM EV CCU is very compact and lightweight, while offering high efficiency, stable charging, long life, high protection level, and high reliability. The AEM CCU is 100% driven via CAN by the VCU in conjunction with the BMS-18, and is not directly controlled by the charge plug connector or the off vehicle EVSE (Electrical Vehicle Service Equipment).
- 6.6kw (32 amps) on board charger + 2.5kw DC-DC converter
- 350Vdc nominal output and up to 450Vdc max
- Plug-and-play with AEM’s EV controls
- Liquid cooled and temperature controlled for efficient thermal management
- Lightweight (5.5kg, ~12 pounds) comparable units are typically 18-24 pounds
- Compact design (275mm x 202mm x 68mm =3.8L volume) – 2.5x to 3x smaller than comparable units
- The HV battery charger is rated at 93.5% efficiency at full load
- The DCDC LV output is rated at 91.5% efficiency at full load with a max continuous DCDC output of 178A @ 14V
- The CCU has the following protection functions:
- Input over and under voltage protection
- High voltage output over and under voltage protection
- High and low voltage output short circuit protection
- Over temperature protection
Emissions code 5. This part is legal for sale or use on Emissions Controlled Vehicles, Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles, and Racing Use Only Vehicles because it does not affect vehicle emissions and is not covered by emissions regulations.
*Free Shipping & Handling only offered to the contiguous US on orders over $100, excludes clearance parts and oversized packages. Some parts are not legal for use in California or other states with similar regulations.
About AEM EV
The AEM EV mission is to make electronics products that simplify the EV conversion process. Our EV Vehicle Control Units and supporting electronics are intuitive and simple to use and provide powerful control for EV street-conversion vehicles and motorsports applications.
We ship to the United States and Canada. Worldwide shipping and hazardous materials such as lithium batteries may require a separate estimate.
For any of the products bought online, buyers will request a refund of their order from their account: My Account / My Orders.
Vendors may promptly route any payments to customers in connection with the transactions through the Fuel2Electric website or otherwise if all parties agree.
Fuel2Electric’s fees are not refundable, not cancelable.
Fuel2Electric’s “My EV conversion” is not refundable.